Midwest Junior Championship
2020 MIDWEST JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
Monday, June 29 - Tuesday, June 30
University of Iowa Finkbine Golf Course
Iowa City, Iowa
GOLFWEEK ranked - AJGA PBE Stars* - Junior Golf Scoreboard ranked
SPECIAL COVID-19 POLICIES
updated May 23rd
All Staff and Players will have their temperatures checked by a Touchless Themometer upon arriving at the course. Anyone registering a temperature over 100.4 will not be allowed to participate in the Midwest Junior Championship. Any player registering a temperature over 100.4 will be given a refund for their entry fee
Limited to 2 family members/guardians per player. Spectators will not be allowed on any of the practice facilities before the round. We will ask that spectators wait in their car until 15 minutes before their player’s tee time to reduce the number of people on the facility.
- Only players and MJC staff will be allowed on the practice facilities
- Players will not be allowed on the practice facilities more than 60 minutes before their tee time
- Spaces on the driving range will be made wider to help accommodate social distancing guidelines. Players must stay within their designated area
- The driving range will close for tournament use at the time of the last tee time
- Registration hours will be posted and players will be given suggested registration times based on their tee times. If they are not able to register during that time, they will be able to register the morning before the first round, no more than 70 minutes before their tee times.
- Players must not touch or remove the flagstick at anytime. An insert will be placed in the bottom of the cup to assist in removing the ball from the cup. Removing the flag will be considered a violation of the MJC Code of Conduct Policy.
- Rakes will not be placed in sand traps. Players hitting their ball in a bunker may pick, clean, and place their ball in the same bunker, no nearer the hole. Players are encouraged to smooth out the bunker with their foot or club as they leave the bunker.
- Water Coolers will not be available on the course. Players will be able to get 2 water bottles from MJC staff at the start of the round and at the turn to keep in their bag. Players are encouraged to bring any extra drinks and snacks with them to the course
- Players will not be allowed to be shuttled during the round unless by MJC staff or a rules official in the case they need to go back to replay a ball. There will be no shuttles in between any holes. In the case of an evacuation, a player may be shuttled only by their parents/guardians.
- Players will be asked to avoid handshakes, hugs, or any other contact with their competitors before, during, or after the round.
SCORECARDS/RULES SHEETS/PIN SHEETS
- Players will use scoring devices to keep scores electronically. Paper scorecards will not be exchanged or signed. After the round, players will confirm scores with each other verbally and verify with MJC staff that they agree with their posted score.
- All rules sheets and pin sheets will be emailed to participants in advance and will be up to the individual player to bring the information with them to the tournament.
- Each player will be given 2 bottles of hand sanitizer to keep on them during the round. Players are encouraged to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- All staff, players, and spectators are required to have, and wear a face mask, in situations where social distancing in not an option. The most common occurrence for this would if a weather delay were to cause us to shelter in large groups in an indoor space.
SCOREBOARDS and AWARDS
- There will not be regular scoreboards posted at the facility. Players and fans will be able to follow along on the Midwest Junior Championship website with the live, online scoring.
- There will not be a formal awards ceremony following the completion of play. Player awards will either be given out individually by MJC staff or mailed to the player.